Bring your goals, and we will workshop out how to apply the science behind Yoga - Breath & Asanas - to help you meet them. From strength & ...
Tap Elderly Women's Wisdom for Youth (TEWWY) is a mental health stakeholder in Tanzania bridging the intergenerational- and mental health tr...
Let's practice & grow together in our mind-body fitness classes for strength, flexibility, balance, and stress relief.
Being in nature can boost your mood and improve mental health. Spending quality time in the great outdoors reduces stress, calms anxiety, an...
Moral and Ethical Conduct & Self-discipline
1. Yama: deals with one's ethical standards and sense of integrity, focusing on our behavior and how we conduct ourselves in life.
2. Niyama: deals with self-discipline and spiritual observances.
3. Asana: the postures practiced in yoga.
4. Pranayama: breath control while recognizing the connection between the breath, the mind, and the emotions" - life force extension".
5. Pratyahara: withdrawal or sensory transcendence.
6. Dharana: concentration.
7. Dhyana: meditation
8. Samadhi: a state of ecstasy
Sources: Yoga Journal, Skill in Action
Ahimsa: nonviolence, non harming through actions, thoughts & words
Asteya: non-stealing, not taking more than needed or freely offered
Aparigraha: non-possessiveness, non-grasping, letting go of attachment
Brahmacharya: energy management, managing extremes, cravings, specifically sexual energy
Saucha: purification, cleanliness in the body, mind & emotions
Tapas: will, passion, perseverance, heat in the practice
Svadhyaya: self-study, absorbing spiritual wisdom, non-judgemental self-observation
Isvara Pranidhana: surrender to God or spirit, offering the fruits of your actions up to something greater.